Garlic pods (peeled and sliced )-250gms
Ginger (peeled and grated) -50gms
Mustard seeds (roasted) -1tsp
Feugreek seeds (roasted) -1tsp
Cumin seeds (roasted) -1tsp
Red Chilli powder -4tsp
Turmeric powder -1tsp
Vinegar- 1/4 cup
Gingelly oil -100 ml
Curry Leaves- 2sprigs
- Soak the sliced garlic pods in vinegar over night along with half the amount of salt to be used.
- Next day ,heat the gingelly oil in a pan and fry the chopped ginger. When the colour changes remove from oil and set aside.
- Drain the garlic pods from vinegar and fry them to a light golden brown colour in the same oil.
- Remove the pods from oil .
- To the same oil add the curry leaves and all the powdered ingredients and fry for a few minutes till the raw smell is no more.
- Add the fried ginger and garlic to the pan along with the vinegar use to soak the garlic pods.
- Cook for a couple of minutes and remove pan from stove.
- Leave the pickle to cool before storing in a dry sterilized jar.