Roasted Rice Flour - 1 cup
Roasted Moong Dal - 4 Tbsps
Roasted Coconut - 1 / 4 cup
Small Plantain - 1 ( mashed )
Jaggery Powdered - 3 / 4 cup ( approx )
Cardamom - 1 Tsp
Dry Ginger Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Fresh Bay Leaves - as required
1. In a pan heat the powdered jaggery with little
water and form into a thick syrup.
2. Strain the syrup to remove dirt and let it cool
3. Mix all the ingredients in a pan and add the
4. Form into a thick semi dry mixture and set aside.
5. Roll the fresh bay leaves into cone shapes by holding
them together with the stem of coconut leaves.
6. You can also use toothpicks in case you don't get the
stems of coconut leaves.
7. Stuff the semi dry mixture into the bay leaf cones and
steam for 10 - 15 minutes.
8. Serve hot.
Notes : Therali Ella is Fresh Bay Leaf
Fresh Bay Leaf gives an aroma.
Instead fresh Plantain Leaf can
also be used.