Raw Rice - 1 cup
Eggs - 2
Thick Coconut Milk - 2 cups
Sugar - 1 cup
Cumin Seeds - 1 / 4 Tsp
Cardamom Powder - 1 / 4 Tsp
Crushed Cardamom - 4
Salt - a pinch ( optional )
Ghee - 1 /2 Tsp
1. Soak the rice for 5 - 6 hours.
2. Grind the soaked rice to a fine paste and strain the batter using
a thin muslin cloth or a strainer with tiny holes to avoid lumps.
3. Beat the eggs well along with salt, sugar and coconut milk. Strain.
4. Add this mixture to the strained rice batter.
5. Add the cardamom powder, mix well and pour the batter into a steel
plate and steam.
6. Just as the steam starts to come from the steamer, pour the ghee and
add the cumin seeds and crushed cardamom.
7. Steam the mixture for 20 - 25 minutes until a toothpick or fork inserted
into the mixture comes out clean.
8. Cut into desired shapes and serve warm or chilled.
1. The consistency of the rice batter should be watery. If not add more
thick coconut milk.
2. I used the traditional steel plate. You can also use a cake tin to make
3. Adjust the amount of sugar to suit your taste.
WISHING ALL OUR VIEWERS & FOLLOWERS
A VERY HAPPY EID !!!